Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four rats and two cages. ones tiny, i keep my two little girls. My two bigger girls are in a martins 3 story. its huge and they love it. the little ones slip out, so they only go in there at playtime.

but All four love to chew the wire. And i moved their cage to notice chips of the paint on the floor. Can this be poisonous?

I'm unsure of the maker of the cage, so here is a picture. its the black coated cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Most cages that are already coated like this (for animals) are safe and shouldnt cause any health problems. People who coat cages themselves coat cages at a car details shop, which is pet safe as well. I recently coated my own cage with a Kid Safe enamel for metals. Its made for kids toys and things like that; it is also unleaded and made without other harmful chemicals unlike normal enamels. I only have one real chewer, Jay. He likes to chew at the bottom of the cage (which still has its original coat) and there has never been a problem.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i spray the cage down with nature's miracle spray to try to keep mozart from chewing, but it only lasts like, a day. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts