Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a very hard decision this morning after I found Loki much less responsive and gasping for air. I could barely make a coherent phone call to the vet, but they were very understanding and allowed me to stay with him during the procedure. After saying my final goodbyes, I buried him right outside my office window; since there's a good view of the boys' cage from there it seemed most appropriate that way he's not too far from his brothers.

Loki was a little blue runt in a litter that I rescued at two days old with their mother. He was the only blue pup among an all black litter, so he immediately caught my attention and eventually won my heart and I decided I had to keep him. He was the oldest of my boys and didn't stay runty for long. He turned into a big blue snugglebug that loved to cuddle up with his cage mates and was always the first to greet me in the morning. He loved trying to pull my socks off and peeing on my feet (I'm sure he meant well by it). We're going to miss you Loki.

View attachment 202306
Rat Hamster Muridae Rodent Mouse
Rat Mammal Mouse Muridae Rodent

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I accidentally called his name this morning out of habit, then it hit me again. I'm not sure that I've ever cried so much about anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts