Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing these two boys from Petsmart for months now, hoping to buy them both when I got enough money to get a DCN (cause I have 4 girls). This weekend, I finally got the cage (yay!) but one of the boys was sold :( I didn't want to leave my little bubba in Petsmart for another minute so I decided to take him anyways, but now I have a lonely boy in the bottom level of my CN. I'm giving him as much attention as I possibly can without stressing him out (he's still getting to know me) but I won't be able to provide as much attention as another rat will. He's very shy and sweet and I can tell he's not dominant at all.

If you know of anyone or any place that has a male rat, please let me know! I would love to house another ratty, maybe even two if I had to. The CN has more than enough space! :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Lol. Had this been asked back in December I would have given you my Crostini. Crostini was a 10 day old baby I saved back in November because the person who was coming in to the pet store after me wanted all of the baby fuzzy rats as feeders they had so I made the split decision to take him home and raise him. I have since grown really attached to him, neutered him, and he has become part of the group.

I don't know of any babies who need homes the moment, unfortunately, but I can ask around. I live in Southwest Florida. =P

I also know of a vet in Sarasota who neuters and spays rats for a pretty reasonable price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both so much! I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist and that FB page :)
I was eyeing that rattie from Kissimmee but thats four hours away :-( I don't have my own car and I don't know of anyone who drive me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What part of South Florida are you in? Are you looking to adopt specifically? Pet store ok? I'm from S. Florida too but my girls came from a breeder in Central Florida. However my local PetCo usually carries 2 males at a time and they actually take care of their animals pretty decently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts