Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a one level cage for one of my rats. He is still very dizzy, and I think its best that we get a one level cage for him-- because the other cage we have the two in is multi-level and we are afraid that he might fall, but I don't want him to stay in the small carring case forever-- we need a bigger one so that he can move around and maybe so I can make a hammock for him. Is there one that anyone can recommend either from Petco or Petsmart that is supposed to be good and inexpensive.

Please post a reply today because I want to go get one tommorrow morning

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't know if it's possible to find inexpensive cages at Petco/Petsmart.. but I looked online and found one you might be interested in. I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend or how long your poor little guy will have to live in it.

This one looks like it might be good for him. It's decently long with a good depth and enough height to put up a couple hammocks, but not so high he'll get hurt if he does fall from one. But you'll probably just want to look around at their selection and find one suitable/affordable. Rabbit cages might be best.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He will probably have to stay in there for the rest of his life not sure though. Thanks for your suggestion--- I was actually looking at rabbit cages--- that might be good for him. I do want ot get him in a bigger cage he seems so uncomfortable in the small one. I wasn't thinking of spending a lot of money--- but what ever the price is.

·
Registered
418 Posts
They have that same rabbit cage at Petco for the same price (I think) but it is on wheels and has a ramp in it! But if you aren't going to use those it wouldn't be worth your time, or you could just order the ramp from Superpet.com, though you did say you didn't want levels.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to Petco this morning and got a 1st pet rat home-- that was in the box--- he is in there now--- it is one level--- I think he is more comfortable and hope that he will get better. He actually climbed a little in the cage. Which I guess is good. My mom said that we are putting him in rehab in the bigger cage. I want him to get stronger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts