Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have one female dumbo (approximately 1 year old), Orbit, whose cagemate passed away a little while ago. We have been spending a lot of time with Orbit in order to strengthen our relationship and are now considering finding her a new friend since we can see that social need coming out more and more as she adjusts to life without Luna, but she is fairly independent otherwise. She came from a pet store (this was before I did research on the RatForum) so I'm guessing she is about 1 year old, active, and adventurous.

We are willing to bring in another female, but are interested in adding a neutered male to our little family. I keep checking up on local humane societies and rescues, but I thought I would extend it to all of you! We are willing to travel in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey areas. We have a travel carrier to use to bring home our new buddy, so transportation isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Please also see my prior post. Our Fanta is probably about 1.8. We don't know exactly. We got her from a shelter. She is very sweet but very timid. She likes to get petted, when she is In her cage, but is scared to be held. Her cage mate died about 6 weeks ago, and she is definitely lonely and sad. We are in NYC, but might be able to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.