Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently had to have one of our 2 bonded boys put to sleep (Jack Daniels). Now his brother (Jim Beam) is sad and lonely and wont leave his house. I live near Louisville, KY and am wondering where a good place would be to get him a friend or two. Also, since he is neutered, would one or two females be good or should I shoot for another neutered male? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! We are worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Poor little guy. In Cincinnati there is a rescue called Rattie Tattoe Rescue. I know they have several rats up for adoption right now. I think a lot might have socialization issues because they are from a pet store cruelty case.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh, also chins n' friends. They are in southern IN some where. Not sure exactly.

(sorry for double post. Won't let me edit. I'm on the petguide app)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, also chins n' friends. They are in southern IN some where. Not sure exactly.

(sorry for double post. Won't let me edit. I'm on the petguide app)
Awesome, thank you! I have contacted Rattie Tattie but was unaware of Chins n' Friends. I will look them up! :) We have been spending extra time with Jim so that should help until we can find him a friend or two!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Also EARPS in Indy, great rescue. And they have more rats than show up on their site. Fill out app and they will contact you and u can go see all of them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also EARPS in Indy, great rescue. And they have more rats than show up on their site. Fill out app and they will contact you and u can go see all of them.
I will contact them as well! Thanks so much everyone! <3

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys know if 2 females would be ok since he is neutered? I have never had to introduce new rats before so I don't really know what gender would be best for him. He is about 10-11 months old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts