Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new to this forum, but not to owning rats. I have owned several rats throughout my childhood, but I have not had one for a few years now. I have finished college, gotten married, and we will be moving off to Colorado in a week. We have both decided on getting some rats to keep us company

So I suppose I will ask a question here now. If i need to ask it in the adoption center, then I will, but I just cannot since I'm new:
What rat breeders are there in the Denver area besides Camarattery? I have contacted Amy with Cama before but she did not seem to be very apt to work with me and her adoption process seems quite confusing. Are there any other rat breeders in that area? We dont mind making a trip out of it if we have to drive a few hours. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Since you have some experience you can try a shelter. You can give a home to ratties in need.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
From her website her adoption process seems fairly straight forward. With any responsible breeder they are going to have a thought out adoption process to make sure their babies go to a good home and not just any home. You could try asking her questions about the process and see if she is willing to go over it with u or explain anything.

Im not in that area so i cant help u there.

You could try looking for a rescue in your area.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have rescued many rats from shelters and reptile stores.. yes, you heard right. I like the reptile stores since they tend to breed themselves and want their snakes to eat healthy rats. Plus I can get them when they are about 4-5 weeks old and start handling them. Don't buy from Cama in Colorado.. She is so unethical and a crazy person. I've had so many people complain to me about her.. she claims to have pedigrees but I questioned her on things then she blocked me.. that tells me she is hiding something.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I would not get a rat from a pet store or a reptile store. They are not well socialized if at all, plus you would continue the cycle of abuse. Chances are they are sick or have some kind of congenital problems. I don't know Cama rattery, but it got to be much better than any pet stores. I heard she was very selective to where her babies go, and that is a good thing in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts