Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl, Love, I'm worried I spoiled her! She's a shy girl so I use a lot of treats interacting with her, but she's soon learned that she can squeak if she is done being pet and wants to explore. None of my other rats squeak like that when they are ready to wander, only her. I've also tried to factor in other things that may make her jumpy or upset, but I treat her special because of her timidness. So I'm not restraining her or anything like that, it is mainly when she is first picked up or when she is done getting pets and wants to adventure. How could I break her of this behavior, if it even needs to be broken? I certainly would like it if she didn't yell at me!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Reading this made me laugh, lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Our boy Theo is like that a little. When he's sleepy and I'm petting him and he's like "staaaap maaaam" he squeaks at me sometimes so loud like I'm pinching him or something.
His brother Rupert squeaks at us when we are trying to hold him still, while none of our girls do with us but two out of our four girls will while playing with each other, so I think its just a personality thing and she is just a very vocal rattie!

·
Registered
994 Posts
My girl Merry isn't afraid to tell you when she's done with pets. She'll just straight up hiss at you. The other day I was petting her and she was resting her head on my hand, bruxing and boggling forr about 5 minutes and then out of nowhere she starts hissing. I stop petting her she gets up walks away and goes into the cage to eat. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts