Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was keeping tabs on my girls during free range and i was sure that my least adventures rat, Khalee, was in her tunnel but after the hour was up i couldn't find her anywhere. Here's the thing, the area i block off is safe for them to play in...the rest of the room not so much! I can't switch the electricity off because atm the switch is behind a big wardrobe so there are live wires everywhere! I think she under my bed because i can hear rustling but that's the most dangerous area of all! To get to it i have to move a lot of heavy objects and i'm terrified of dropping them on her by accident! Please help if you have any ideas! Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had a very hard time for a while with my rats getting under my bed. The best way to get them out, in my experience, is to put a lot of hiding places (Toy boxes, tunnels, etc...) around the bed and hope you can encourage her to come out and play with something else instead. Once she's out, let her wander away from the bed a bit, then go and snag her. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
When my rats get under stuff I put a bunch of hides on one side and then bang around with a broom to poke them out from the other. Scared enough the cage will be a safe place.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I rattle the treat bag. Since they're not dumb, I usually give them a few good-faith gestures where I let them stick their heads in there for free a few times, not trying to grab em.

Then, when I have em lulled into a treat-fueled comfort zone, I pounce. Gotcha!

Worked three times.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the advice. I was completely wrong about her being under my bed though...i found her in my wardrobe and i have no clue how she got in there! I'm not sure she even knows how she got there, she's got terrible eyesight and looked just about as confused as i was! I'd just about pulled my entire room apart looking for her as well, the important thing is she's okay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts