Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Two weeks ago we said goodbye to our first girl of our mischief. We have said goodbye to rats in the past, but she was now with us the longest. She was almost to the day 2 years and 5 months old and passed most likely from PT which first looked like hind leg degeneration. She was the best girl ever, extremely smart, willing to play, not much of a cuddler but the strongest girl I have known. She fought off about a dozen ear infections in her short life and fought even more of her cage mates (joking of course). She was very strong willed and amazing at doing tricks.

Dear little Tofu, you will be horribly missed. We will always keep you in our hearts. I will never forget how you would hide behind the sofa pillows to wait until we'd come join you on the sofa, because you didn't want to play without us there.

Attachments

· Registered
Sten Sigurdsson & Pilgore the Destroyer, Barney, Arthur and Isabella(R.I.P Harald Fairhair)
315 Posts
Hey all,

Two weeks ago we said goodbye to our first girl of our mischief. We have said goodbye to rats in the past, but she was now with us the longest. She was almost to the day 2 years and 5 months old and passed most likely from PT which first looked like hind leg degeneration. She was the best girl ever, extremely smart, willing to play, not much of a cuddler but the strongest girl I have known. She fought off about a dozen ear infections in her short life and fought even more of her cage mates (joking of course). She was very strong willed and amazing at doing tricks.

Dear little Tofu, you will be horribly missed. We will always keep you in our hearts. I will never forget how you would hide behind the sofa pillows to wait until we'd come join you on the sofa, because you didn't want to play without us there.
I know how it feels. At least she had a long and good little ratty life. I just lost my boy Harold Fairhair to PT at only 1 year and 3 months.

· Registered
Sten Sigurdsson & Pilgore the Destroyer, Barney, Arthur and Isabella(R.I.P Harald Fairhair)
315 Posts
Oh no that is so young :-( I am so sorry! I love the name you gave him.
Yup and its rare for males. So idk its not a competition but if it makes you feel any better then at least she got that later on in life in a bigger group of rats that can comfort the ones that are still alive. Pilgore is alone for the next 3 weeks until i can get another rat and he is absolutely heartbroken. Took me 20 minutes to get him out of his cage because he is so upset. Just help the ones you still have cope with the loss of their friend. You should also let them quickly see the body, it can help them understand their friend isn't coming back.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man that absolutely sucks, I am so so sorry! Yeah the reason we have 4 at the moment is that I wanted to add to the group before any of the older ratties would pass away. So we first had 3 and then I added 2 rescues, so we ended up with 5 and now we have 4 left :) we have had two losses in January last year of Tofus sister, who only was 1.5 years old at that time and lost her to PT as well. And another rescue who was about that age as well, also to PT. All of them were spayed btw, which we do to prevent this illness. Unfortunately, it doesn't always help.. losses that young are really hard. Of course we always bring the entire group for the process, so they get to grieve and understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts