Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here and I love sewing for them but I want to sew something else besides hammocks. I have sewn a bed for the girls and Margo declared it hers and won't let peach get in it. And they already have a huge hammock that they (so far) have ignored. Any ideas?
Oh and I'm thinking of a fall then Halloween theme set soon. Right now it's all pink and tie dye.

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are several different hammock styles: flat, pocket, parachute, 2 -5 levels. There are cubes, tunnels, stuffed beds, snuggle sacks. Sacks can be set on the floor of the cage or attached to the side of the cage. Tunnels can be set on the floor of the cage or hung. You can make shelf covers or ladder covers. You can braid leftover fleece scraps into ropes or use them to fill a dig box. I expect these ideas will get you started. Many of the items I listed can be seen on Etsy or Ebay in the small animal section. My previous rats all loved hammocks. The two boys I have now don't seem to know what they are or what they are for, but I am going to try several types and see if they will get the idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts