Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rats and their cage are in my living room where they can see, hear and smell whats going on around them. Well, my house is undergoing a small renevation outside. Although the rats are inside you can still hear the machinery making really loud noises outside. I'm not sure whether this hurts their ears or disturbs them from resting, but I'm beginning to question what's happening. I was wondering whether I should move them to a more quiet environment, during the process.
What does everyone think? Do you think this actually affects them in any way?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My hosue is a zoo!! I am constantly raising my voice to my kids, I have people in and out looking at fosters, I am naturally a loud person, My neighbors have dogs, just hectic LoL. the rats usually get used to it pretty quickly and I liek that they do because then they don't get all spooked when something loud happens like thunder and what not.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
No problem Squeak LoL. I have noticed that new rats in the house tend to get a little freaked for a bit but as soon as they realize that is is only a noise and nothing more they are fine with it. Plus then when my kid throws a temper tantrum or something they don't think twice about it. noe jumping or freezing or anyhting they just look ay my son like he has two heads and go on wioth whatver it was they were doing.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yeah, I think, if anything, it gets them used to more noises... plus it's probably quiet at night, right?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i live like 40 feet from the train tracks with trains rumbling through 3-6 times a day. it's faboo, no really. :p at first mozart would freeze but now the girls are both totally fine with everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.