Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two nights ago, my sweet little Mango passed away in my arms.
My pretty little Mang is the reason I became a rat lover. I was in a pet store one day, killing time until my fiance finished work. I casually walked by the rat tank and there was little Mango - staring right at my, with her two little paws up on the glass, just begging me to hold her. I asked the pet store employee if I could see her, and once she was in my arms and snuggling into me, I was sold. There was no way I was going home without her and her sister, Tango. I had texted my fiance to meet me in the pet store and when he saw me holding Mango, he shook his head, smiled, and said "she's coming home with us, isn't she?".
Mango turned so many people into rat lovers - even the greatest of skeptics. She had several vet visits over the course of her little life, and always always turned receptionists' first words of "Oh...a rat..." into cooing "look at her precious face!" compliments. A video I made of her and Tango on Youtube was shown to a fourth grade classroom and ALL of them thought they were cute (even the ones that said "I thought rats carried diseases??). The same happened with family friends and family members. They went from not wanting to "look at dirty rats" to snuggling and laughing with the cute little ones. It really seemed as though Mango was magic.
She and I also had a special bond. She was friendly with everyone, but was always drawn to me more so. Everytime I walked into the room, she got up (even half asleep out of the hammock) and greeted me with kisses and nibbles. And of course, she always was eager to help take a bandaid off (haha).
Now my pretty girl is at peace and in my heart. Mango, you have made such an impact in your little life, you are the reason my rat colony continues to grow, and I will love you always and forever.
Rat Mouse Muridae Hamster Muroidea

·
Registered
213 Posts
I cried when I read that... I can tell what an amazing ratty Mango was, though words can only express so much when you're describing your rat. I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Poor, little babe.... she sounds like your heart rat. I was devastated when my Milosh left me. It's been months and I still tear up every time I look at the little clay pawprints that the vet made after he was euthanized. I wish there was a way to give you a hug through the internet... :(

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The first rat death my boyfriend had to deal with was his heart rat (the rat that made him love rats) and we read this together. He wanted me to tell you that Mango will NEVER leave you. That bond is forever strong. We both feel your loss and send our condolences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts