Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cat Felidae Carnivore Gesture Small to medium-sized cats

it just looks like leg muscle in the pic but it’s about the size of a small golf ball sliced in half. She had a similar thing on her neck about a year ago that just went away on its own. It doesn’t appear to be affecting her climbing/walking and she didn’t react when I touched it. I don’t remember if the one in her neck moved around but this one does. I can push it across a small area of her leg. It’s slightly squishy but not super squishy. Since her neck was just an abscess and it behaved very similar to this I assume it’s just an abscess and will go away just like her neck but I wanted to double check. It must’ve started in the past 48 hours since I gave her her weekly checkup two days ago and that includes a full body check for any such lumps. Again it’s causing her no discomfort and I don’t see anything different from last time. I just want to double check.

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 309076
it just looks like leg muscle in the pic but it’s about the size of a small golf ball sliced in half. She had a similar thing on her neck about a year ago that just went away on its own. It doesn’t appear to be affecting her climbing/walking and she didn’t react when I touched it. I don’t remember if the one in her neck moved around but this one does. I can push it across a small area of her leg. It’s slightly squishy but not super squishy. Since her neck was just an abscess and it behaved very similar to this I assume it’s just an abscess and will go away just like her neck but I wanted to double check. It must’ve started in the past 48 hours since I gave her her weekly checkup two days ago and that includes a full body check for any such lumps. Again it’s causing her no discomfort and I don’t see anything different from last time. I just want to double check.
If it grew that big within a day or two, I'd bank on it being an abcess rather than a tumor. Either way, I'd try to get her to the vet so they can take a look. Better safe than sorry. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts