Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a month ago, my girl, Boba got her second tumor removal (mammary). Today, while playing with her my sister noticed a lump on her neck. It felt firm, like a rock, and movable. It's likely that it's not a mammary tumor because it's not in an area where mammary tumors are, but we don't know what it is. We can't take her in for another surgery because she most likely won't survive the anesthesia again. Does anyone have an idea of what this might be, and how fast it could grow?

·
Registered
437 Posts
One of my girls has gotten abscesses twice on her neck, right under her chin. They feel hard and moveable. I treat her by using a warm compress on the area until it starts t pus and gently squeezing it out and rinsing the area with salt water for a week or so after that. If it appeared suddenly and got big very quickly then it may well be an abscess, if your not sure then take her to the vet to get a diagnoses. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We took her to the vet on Wednesday and the vet didn't seem to notice it... but today, we noticed that it was about the size of a marble. It is obviously a tumor, but why did it grow so quickly? We want to take her in to get surgery but we don't know if she'll survive it the third time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts