Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I rescued a 9/10 month old blazed black hooded dumbo doe about 2 weeks ago. She settled in well with my 5 other rats. I spend a lot of time with them so usually notice if things are wrong but this morning I noticed a lump on her throat/just below her right ear. It seems to have come up really fast. I havent experienced any lumps before with my rats so not sure what it could be? I read about enlarged/swollen glands? It doesn't seem like an abscess because there is no wound and I haven't seen it bothering her too much. I have attached a photo and it's not too clear but it's the lighter patch you can see next to her ear.
Can anyone offer any advice or do you think a vet visit is needed first and foremost? Thanks! Rat Muridae Rodent Mouse Hamster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just talked to the breeder I got her from and she said abscesses are very common in this location and that it could be from when I introduced her to my other rats and there were a few squabbles. She said warm compressions for a few days and that should help it come to a head but if that doesn't work then take her to the vets? What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.