Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The operation date is finally here for my girl Bijou and I'm incredibly worried about her since she is also having a spay at the same time as the lump removed. I'm just really nervous for her and stressed out, just wanted to vent and hopefully have some good vibes and happy thoughts sent to her from you guys! I drop her off around 9am and pick up time is generally between 5-7pm. I'm dreading that there might be complications or post-surgery issues that end up with her passing away. I adore all my rats, but my little mommy rat Bijou is really special to me. She is a solid example of a real "heart rat". I'm just feeling irrationally nervous for my girl! She'll be getting spoiled a lot tonight! I hope she isn't too stressed out at the vet's alone tomorrow..

Please send her some good thoughts! I'll update this thread with hopefully good news soon!

*kisskisskiss*

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! I have her home now. thank goodness she made it through the surgery, but she's very groggy and in pain (she's been given pain meds already) and keeps trying to chew on the incision when she's awake, so she's bleeding just a little. I'm keeping a close eye on her and I hope she bounces back very soon. The vet showed me the tumor afterwards and said she wasn't able to remove the entire thing because of the location, but hopefully the spay will keep the leftover bits from growing, and I'll continue with her turkey tail/wheatgrass treatments every day.

Poor little thing, she's so tired and uncomfortable. I hope she feels better soon, she's been through a lot today.

Thank you all for your good thoughts for her today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts