Rat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned how to sew and use the sewing machine yesterday. This is what I made! My first real hammock. Next time I'm going to sew some loops on the corners for the rings. Does anyone know where to buy those rings people use for their hammocks? I can't find them.

Look, its Gizy approved! :lol:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I know lots of people use shower hooks, the ones shaped rather like a pear. Instead of loops could you do grommets? Loops would be easily chewed through, I think.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
JennieLove said:
Are you taling about those eyelets? You cant get those at any fabric store I believe. :) I just use safty pins.
Eyelets... grommets... I think they're the same. :)

I use safety pins as well. :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm pretty sure the only difference is size (eyelets are usually smaller). :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i use metal curtain split-rings. you should be able to find them in wallyworld, kmart, joannes or michaels.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Good job on your first hammock! :D

I use eyelets from the fabric section of Walmart. I use the kind that you hammer into place, and haven't had any problems with them so far. Then I use large keyrings and lanyard hooks to hang them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow that's a very lovely hammock :) Very colourful *jealous* Mine's just black :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.