Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am hoping to get some baby companions for Jojo around christmas but I don't have a cage to put them in temporarily until I can do introductions. What would be a good makeshift cage that I could keep them in? What would I need in it aside from food and water?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If they're baby babies and it's only temporary then I'd do a plastic bin cage. You can drill holes to make all your normal cage accessories attachable.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would agree with the bin cage, when I made one I got 1/4 inch hardware cloth and zip-ties at the hardware store. I cut out the top of the lid and then drilled holes to put the zip-ties through (to hold the hardware cloth in place) I would get one of the bins that have locking lids instead of one of the bins that has a lid that just snaps in place. If you have a drill then you can use some of the extra hardware cloth and zip-ties to make a level in your bin cage. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I got my new rat and wanted to keep her separate, I bought her a tiny hamster cage. She still got plenty of time out of the cage so I wasn't worried about it being small. Then when the rats were ready to move in together, I attached the cages with a PVC pipe :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts