Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm a senior metals major at University of the Arts and I have fallen SO in love with my new ratty girls that they've begun creeping their way into my work. I thought I'd share some of the bits from a project I'm currently working on:

This is a 3/4inch diameter vitreous enamel and cloisonne cameo I made on fine silver:
20141031_162203-2.jpg

It's going to be a pendant, and for the bale (part which connects the pendant to the chain) I decided to chase out a little ratty hand since I'm so obsessed with them.

Here it is in the pitch when I was still working on it:
20141031_201613-1.jpg

And here it is in my hand after I cut it out. It's made of sterling silver.
20141031_210151.jpg

I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product, I'm interested to hear what y'all think!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I hate people who have such talents and skills, and draw, or make jewelry! :) I hate you! ;) But keep up the good job! This is an absolutely awesome idea to make ratty themed jewelry! I hope you develop first ever ratty line of high end jewelry and make heaps of money.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thats awesome! I love metal working. UArts is my dream school haha. If I could start all over again, I'd go to school for jewelry. But I'll settle for making my own for now lol.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Excellent cloisonne work! Very clean finish and the blending of the enamel is superb.

Oh how I miss having access to a studio for enamel work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Beautiful work. For the past year I've wanted to create a rat pendant out of 10k gold. I have a stone carved rat pendant that would be used as the mould and a 2.7 gram piece of gold I don't wear that could be melted.

What if I sent you the materials and I paid you for your labour? I really, really, really want this pendant in gold...! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts