Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking with people and I've been hearing the word "Down under" a lot for rat markings.. or something, and I was wondering exactly what it was and if anybody had any pictures/examples.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

it's like a reverse stripe down their tummy. cuz i would think of a stripe as white on a color, but a white stripe on the belly is a berkshire. so a stripe of color *within* the white stripe is a downunder. this baby is also hooded cuz the color on his head goes all the way down to his tail on a stripe.

what's the longest description you can get for a rat? cuz i call picasso a dumbo double-rex black berskshire. does the order of her characteristics matter? :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
would you also call that baby an irish hooded downunder for that patch of white on his chest? or does irish not count when he's a hooded?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
crapola said:
yes, coz us aussies are all mutants... that is what my ratties had to say about this...
Well, yeah, of course you are.

Just like everyone else. ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
One of Penny's babies looks just like that lil rattie! She also has a small dot on her forehead. I'll have to post photos of my ratties soon because i have a hard time figuring out their markings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts