Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marley fell in over a year ago in October, and has never really been healthy since. But she held on when he siblings and mother succumbed within months after catching the deadly illness. Lately she was being hand fed by me in an attempt to try to help her when she became even thinner yet. Food wasn't staying with her no matter how much she ate, and medicine did no good. Yet she still held on, and saw her second birthday and had one last Thanksgiving with me and her siblings. Sheer willpower kept her going I think, but the loss of her best friend Arrow and then her comforter Morsie hit her hard. I could see it in her eyes lately she'd given up. I didn't have a chance to hold her this morning, but planned to make it up to her tonight. When I got home I found she'd passed away in her blanket. I knew as soon as I approached her cage and only four rats greeted me.

You had such a beautiful spirit, Marley. Always gentle and caring, quiet and calm. All you ever asked in life was the love of those surrounding you. You suffered tragic loss, horrible illness, and yet kept holding on. Thank you for the times we shared. I know you're with the loved ones we lost. Someday i will see you all again. I'm sure you're enjoying a cuddle with them now. I will never stop missing you, but I'm glad you're free and safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts