Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im in love with this cage!!!!

http://www.martinscages.com/images/full/r-699.jpg

Its like a motel for rats lmao My question is it comes in galvanized which i know is straight metal (we used to raise rabbits and kept htem in galvanized cages) and then powder coated. I want to order this cage in powder coated Would there be any concerns of my ducky and thumper chewing off the powder coat and becoming ill??? Or would going with the galvanized be ok for them

Galvanized price 167.00
Powder Coated 195.00

Hopefully within the month Ill be putting this baby on order!!!!! That is unless I find a larger cage rofl

I want my boys to have the cadillac of cages ahahahah

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Considering these cages are designed for rats, and that most everyone has power coated cages, I would think we would've heard something about it by now, if it were dangerous... I'm sure your furkids will be just fine. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Definitely get it powder coated! I have a galvanized cage that I painted and cleaned regularly, and it still got icky after just a couple months with two girls, since one of them would chew the bars and the paint flaked off, and then they peed all over it :roll:

One thing I personally don't like though is that the powder coating can be chewed off. It's not dangerous for rats, but it does leave the wire bare. I've seen people selling used Martins cages with big bare spots where the coating had come off. That was one things I considered when I opted for a Ferret Nation over a Martins ^_^

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It is totally worth the price difference to get power-coated. Many people who didn't threw their cages [especially the Martin's] out after a few months. Better to spend a bit more than waste it entirely! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome!! Thanks guys for the advise!! Im planning on making this the cage we get. I love the size and how much room it would allow!!! And really the price isnt all that bad considering the crap cages at Pet stores are so high and you get such tiny cages!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have an Tommy 82 T3 Pet Cage. It's a large cage and at a good price. I myself think it's a better cage and you can get it powder coated as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts