Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I was going to get the DCN but I just don't have that type of money so I was thinking of getting a Martins cage.
Are these cages comparable to the CN cages? Also if I could have some photos of your Martins cages and the type that would be great!

I was thinking of getting the R-690, because that's about the only one in my price range right now.
I only have 2 male rats that will be housed in the cage.

Any advice ad comments are welcome

Please and Thank you! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey there!
I currently have a Martins R-680. It's a nice little cage, but nowhere near as nice as a critter nation. I used to have ferrets so I know how wonderful those are to clean.
My Martins cage is such a pain to clean, and I had to cover the levels with cardboard that I ziptied to them. It's also pretty much impossible to add/change toys and stuff in the cage without taking the whole top off the base. But the critter nation single unit (which can fit SIX rats) is on sale right now. I see you live in new york, and it's free shipping!
If you are going to order a martins cage you MUST get it powder coated.. Or it will just rust.. The cage you are looking at is 110.00 before shipping powder coated.
The single unit is going for 116.88 with free shipping. (Anywhere in the US) You can always buy the add on level. Your two boys would LOVE this cage. I'd buy it while it's still on sale today!
Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Critt...77&sr=1-1&keywords=single+unit+critter+nation

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also I just ordered my own critter nation today! I don't live in America though, so I had to use a different site.. and it was 247 with shipping for the double unit.
Amazon is also selling the double unit if you really had your heart set on it, for 200 (free shipping)
Hope I was some help. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts