Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Martin's Cages Rat Lodge (R-680) and it is a great new home. The girls are crazy about it. The only concern I have is about the wire balconies and ramps. Am I imaging things, or didn't I see a post about someone covering the balconies and ramps with something?

So my question is, what material can/should I cover the wire with on the balconies and ramps, and how do I fasten that material?

Thanks!

--Clay

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can fasten it with alligator clips. Some people use those black pinch clips too. I don't know what those ones are called.

I cover those ramps with plain old cardboard. Linoleum tile would be better, as you can actually clean tile and reuse it, but I get perfectly sized pieces of cardboard from empty boxes of Fancy Feast at work, so I just throw it away and replace it every time I clean the cage. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I use those purse clips (the black ones, my sister and I used them for Barbie purses when we were little, it's the only way I can think of them!) for EVERYTHING in cage decoration, and they're super easy. I cover my shelves with fleece (try to go when there's a sale, or cruise the odds and ends, those are discounted), and clip them on with the purse clips.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sami said:
Some people use those black pinch clips too. I don't know what those ones are called.

Binder clips.
Very strong, I use them to hold down the towel on the floor pan of my FN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts