Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max and Ruby finally have a weekend retreat at my house. Normally, they live at my school and I go to the school on the weekends to feed, clean and check on them. I didn't want to spend much money on another cage since I just purchased a SCN for them. I've spent less than $20 on this setup. I know it is small but it is only for the weekend plus I get them out for a little playtime everyday. What do you think? Any suggestions for improvement? Sorry they are sideways. My last pics were upside down so I guess this is an improvement. I'm still learning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You could get some rope bird perches that you could hang across as a ladder. But you did pretty well for a small budget.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea, thanks. I know it's small. According to the rat calculator, it is only two inches shy of being large enough for two rats. I figured Max and Ruby would rather have a small cage and be at home with me than a big cage and be alone at the school. So far, they seem happy. They are climbing and jumping all over. They've eaten and napped. Hopefully they'll like it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Agreed. You just have to make sure they have lots of free range time because they do have a small cage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts