Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ratties have an appointment at the vet tomorrow morning. Can anyone give me a general idea of how much Baytril and Doxy costs? Just wondering what to expect out of the bill, I'm assuming it'll be a few hundred with 4 ratties that need treatments.

Also will they need to be regularly treated for it or does the initial dose ward off future flare ups? I saw someone adopting out pet rats at $40 a peice and thought 'wow that's a lot for a rat!', though they came with baytril and amox pills. I was wondering if $40 for a rat that came with those meds was a fair donation price.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Maybe the rats were speutered? I could see that adding to the adoption price. :)

I pay about $34 for baytril, and about $44 for doxy for 4 rats plus a visit of $60 plus $15 per additional rat. Those are the official prices but my vet often charges the first rat as a recheck and nothing for the others. :) .. This is Canadian dollars too. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
You don't have to get your meds from that vet - they can write a prescription and you can use a number of online pharmacies, which are often cheaper than having your vet compound them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts