Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Mix them in with something? Baby food if they're liquid, crushed in peanut butter and jam if they're tablets?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its liquid, i was wondering as wen he spits it out some goes on his fur and he cleans him self, would it still work if i put the meds on his fur and he cleaned it off himself?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I imagine it would, but I would make that the last resort as you can't be sure he'll get it all off without wiping it on stuff or another rat licking it off him. I would try mixing it with something yummy like baby food or jam or something.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sometimes if you hold them for a bit, they'll swallow it. Believe me, I too hate dealing with rats that would rather drool out their medication then swallow it :p Another thing that sometimes works is, after you syringe the medication into their mouth, wipe something yummy on their lips (baby food, chocolate, etc) just make sure it's liquid so they have to swallow what's in their mouth - otherwise they'll just snatch what you're offering and continue to not gulp down the medication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts