Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Artemis. I just got him today and I'm already in LOVE! He's a mismarked bareback dumbo, I think. He also has a little white spot on his head and a couple black spots on his belly. :D He's very sweet and likes to chatter.

Climbing!

It looks like he has a little comet on his head! :)

Peeking out into the world...

Exploring the top level!

Mmmmm... Yogies!

I'm a little worried because one of his eyes looks a little watery... You might be able to see it in the last pic. Could he have scraped it or something? Or should I not worry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the pics are kinda big... forgot to resize! :0

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Khloe's eye was very red and watery when she was a baby and still nursing. I was initially concerned about a URI, but after taking a closer look, it seemed it got scratched somehow. It cleared up completely after a few days.

Give him a few days, and if it doesn't clear up, try to find a vet in your area that takes rats.

BTW - he's cute!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Now I'm sure he scratched it in the little cardboard pet carrier, bcuz it wasn't like that in the store.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh and because I'm new cage hunting, how big is your cage and where did you get it? :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it @ Petsmart. It's 2 feet tall, 17 inches wide. It has 3 levels with ladders, and it was like $46 I think.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What a sweety pie!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, all! Yes, he lives alone. I want to get him a friend, but my mom won't let me :(. So I try to give him lots of attention and toys to chew on.

·
Registered
899 Posts
He would be alot happier with a friend..And even if you do have him out alot and play with him. Nothing can replace a rat friend. Maybe have your mum read through some ratties advice round the forums. She should come round and understand that its in the interest of the animals care.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I was thinking about the boy's name Artemis. Maybe it's like one of those both-gender names, like Leslie or Kelly. Also, I just liked the name.

I asked my mom, but she doesn't really like rats (She was reluctant to even let me get Artie...) and she said no. But I'm still trying! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
aawww......so cute!!! My Mom also wont let me get another rat! Your not alone!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Eliza!!!!He is cute!!!!Mabe in a couple of weeks, he can meet oreo(he's more social with other rats than Ollie)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Aweee, he's a real cutie! I've always wanted a dumbo.........can't seem to find one anywhere though :'(

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey i have that problem too. its my mom whose holding me back! other wise if it wasnt for her i would probably have like 10 ratties. i think i am gonna make her read one of the things on this forum to prove to her. BTW little artemisis is quite cute. =]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts