Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these little guys about a week ago, but it feels like they have been with me forever. They are on the same level as my two best friends, whom I love more than anyone else. I got them from Petsmart, which I know is a big no-no, but the woman there was awesome and loved rats. I was so relieved I didn't get someone who just picked them up by the tail and threw them in a box. Even after such a short time, they already let me pick them up and Yuki will sit on my shoulder and sit mostly still. As my first rats, they are all I could have hoped for as companions! Sorry for the pictures being upside-down, I took them with my phone and I'm too lazy to try and flip them tonight before posting :p.

Recreation This is Sora, who is more shy than his (I think) brother. He still doesn't like being picked up, although he wont make a huge fuss. I need to focus on him a bit more to get him used to being out of the cage, but other than that he seems to be doing fine. Once he gets used to being out he just kinda lays on my lap and watches his brother meander around. (Did I just use meander?)

Rat Muridae Gerbil Rodent Whiskers Here's Yuki, which is short for Yukine (I like Japanese names :p). He enjoys running around and is VERY social. He seems to like being picked up and held. Either that or he's just like "Meh, I wasn't doing anything important," and just lets me hold him. I has almost fallen off my bed a few times, but Ive mostly gotten him to stay in the middle.

Sorry if I seem spastic, I'm just excited to finally, after asking my mom for months (Has it really been that long? Wow), get these guys! Thanks for your time, and now to attempt to sleep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are very cute, love the grey and white one. I have 3 girls about 3 months old. Two are black and white fancy and the third is a pink eyed white. You will really love playing and cuddling with them. I have had 8 ratties since I was 18 and love them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts