Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I get an email from the coordinator at the THS about those 2 old boys and 2 old girls. One of the girls had a tumour and it was being removed. The coordinator was hoping I would take them in. I love the oldies and they rarely adopt out so I said yes.

These 2 girls were "adopted" from a petstore 2 years ago by their owner, surrendered as boys with the names of Anubis and Absinthe. That made them at least 25 month more like 26 month old girls with a gender crisis. LOL

Meet Bella and Lisbet
Just home

Lisbet, the tiny thin subordinate sister. She ends up with wicked scratches all over from her sister whereas Bella has pristine skin most of the time. :roll:

Bella, was very protective of her sister with me and really just wanted to be left alone. I decided old neglected ladies could have whatever makes tthem happiest...they deserved to be crabby. :lol:

And now Bella is quite sweet, but will grab on (no blood ever) if I smell like another rat while doing something in their cage. Lisbet warmed up fast and she's a doll.

Although being dangled is not her favourite thing

Lisbet was much better about it

Together

And just this past week 2 new girls entered my life. There was an ad on CL for "2 female degus, 2 female rats - free as pets or feeders - Pickering"
I knew that was too far for me so tried not to think of their fate. :(
Then Moonsingingfreak offered to pick them up for me if I would take them. :shock:

She picked them up the following Monday (I emailed the guy a week ago), , and took them to a QT location for their overnight stay. I was unable to meet her on Monday night as I had to rush little Adia in to a new vet for a toe amputation...sigh Moth again :(
But then the neglected and smelly girls came home on Tuesday.
I named the variberk Saffi, meaning Wisdom in Danish and the old looking hoodie girl Fable because I am sure there are many sad stories she could tell.

They both lick even when they are nervous and unsure

Here you can really see Fable's cinnamon coat (cinnamon agouti) and her very light ruby eyes

They are both very sweet and appreciative of a new chance. They are over 2 years old so who knows how long that will be, but we will try to make the days as good as possible!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Heh... my second rat (pernod) is named after a type of absinthe. :lol:

Good on you for taking in the old ladies. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
what lucky girls to have found you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts