Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Thursday, December 6th. My wife and I took a walk to our local Petco. We took our dog Athena and our first rat Sugar (we got Sugar from that same Petco). We had become famous at that Petco as being the couple who absolutely loves rats. To the point that one of the women who works there (Aurora) went out of her way to show us a small, black rat. Aurora was adamant on that little girl not to be sold as a feeder. One of the things we noticed was the poor dear was missing all but two toes in her right hind pawn. Another Aurora showed us was an albino female who was in Petco's back room that came to them her left eye missing. My wife fell for both of these girls as well as a hooded agouti girl. The following day she brought all three home. The black rat we named Coco, the albino is Una, and the agouti is Ginger. All three are happy with their new home and the people at Petco were happy knowing we took the three with missing bits home. We actually have them in a separate cage and will not be mixing them with our older mischief though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Awe, congRATs on your new babies! I've gotten some feeder babies myself, very sweet little ratties and amazing pets <3

I do have to say I'm curious, why won't you be combining mischiefs? I understand if they're different sexes but otherwise I find having mixed aged groups is really nice, it keeps the older rats active, teaches the younger ones manners, and when your inevitably left with an older rat them having younger friends can be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the time being we're keeping them separate just for their combine health. We do have two younger rats with our older girls: Luke and his sister Honey. We want to give the new girls some time before introducing them to our older mischief. I personally am a bit hesitant to merge the two mischiefs as we had done so in the past and not all stayed with us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts