Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have read that I wanted to adopt a hamster...I finally did it! After my oldest rattie boys passed away I felt like there was a void that needed to be filled with life. My local pets at home is always full of hamsters up for adoption. I was feeling particularly down one day and my boyfriend took me out to dinner and then surprised me by stopping by [email protected] and letting me bring home the little guy I had become attached to the previous day!!! His name is Simba which I find ADORABLE. I don't know a great deal about hamsters especially dwarf ones. They told me he was a Russian Dwarf but after doing some research I believe he may be a Chinese Dwarf? He's so sweet and good tempered! I didn't know you could get hamsters this small :D

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's so soft, and he just looks up at me with those massive eyes...just want to give him so many cuddles!

·
Registered
246 Posts
He's so cute!
Oh my gosh, I adore how soft hamsters can be, and they are just some much fun to watch.
I'm sure you two will enrich each others lives.

·
Registered
37 Posts
He is definitely a Chinese hamster, not a dwarf :) though he is small! He is ADORABLE! I suggest hamsterhideout.com forum for hamster stuff, it's a great resource!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's so cute! Oh my gosh, I adore how soft hamsters can be, and they are just some much fun to watch.I'm sure you two will enrich each others lives.
I promised myself I wouldn't get too attached...can't see I'll be keeping that one, he's such a little treasure!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is definitely a Chinese hamster, not a dwarf :) though he is small! He is ADORABLE! I suggest hamsterhideout.com forum for hamster stuff, it's a great resource!
Yeah I thought so, pet shops can be so rubbish! And ohh thank you, I've been trying to find somewhere to get hammy information but wasn't sure which one to go for...will start lurking now :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely chinese and really precious! I love hamsters. They need a lot of time to be tamed but they really do tend to enjoy human company. Good luck with your new buddy. In addition to hamster hideout, hamster central is also a great resource.

·
Registered
955 Posts
He looks just like my old chinese dwarf Moshie! He was a smart wee thing who worked out how to open the cage door, and then stole all my jewellery and hid it in his bed! He lived to the grand old age of ... wait for it... four!!! Really cute wee animals.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have established that little Simba is in fact a little girl and has been renamed Honey! Pets at Home obviously got two animals confused so not only is this little one not a Russian Hamster it's also a girl...typical. However she is such a little sweetie and loves to be handled :D How the employee didn't notice it was both a different species and gender I really don't know!!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts