Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess i'll start with the boys.

this is Waffles. i rescued him and his sister Marshmallow from a feeder store a couple months ago. there are multiple feeder stores in town that specialize in reptiles and breed rats in the back for the sole purpose of selling them as food for snakes. i stop by these places from time to time to look at all the exotics and to rescue a few lucky rats.

this is Ratchet. me and my my boyfriend got him from Petsmart. hes such a sweety but after the Ringworm he brought with him we will NEVER buy a live animal from there again.

this is BigGuy. i rescued him and his sister CoaCoa from a feeder store a while ago. they had been taken away from mom and put into a seperate tank to be sold as food and they didn't even have their eyes open yet. i fell in love with them so i took them home and hand raised them.

and this is Buddy. a friend of mine had an accidental litter a and i adopted him from her.

Now Onto The Girls
Waffles sister, Marshmallow.

BigGuys sister, CoaCoa. she had an accidental litter not all that long ago. we went out of town for a few days and the person who took care of them for us let her come into contact with the boys. good news is the babies are doing great and so is she.

this is Spot. i got her and Oreo on the same day. i stopped at a little hole-in-the-wall pet shop to get some more aspen bedding (they sell it A LOT cheaper than the other stores in town) and i saw these two girls curled up together looking scared to death in a rat tank labeled feeders so i brought them home.

and heres Oreo

let me know what you think of my little guys. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Meet The Gang ~lots o' pics~ :)

All absolutely adorable, but Coacoa is to die for! What a cute face and I love the markings! Wish I had one of her babies...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

i'm in awe of how adorable marshmellow and waffles are. i love blues, and blazes and omg! CUTE!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

they are all absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Registered
482 Posts

Lovely ratties! Good to hear you rescue :)

·
Registered
276 Posts

I love Buddy or spot, the white rat with the cool blue nose!

·
Registered
626 Posts

I'm so glad to hear that you save little guys from the feeder tanks! :D I have always wanted too but was worried that they would be sick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

i feel so bad for some of the rats i see in the feeder tanks. i cant help but bring a couple home every now and then. and yeah some of them do come with health issues but usually nothing too serious. if anything they usually just have a slight RI or some sneezing. so far no one has had anything that some antibiotics and TLC can't fix :D

·
Registered
120 Posts

They are all so adorable. I'd rescue some feeders, but I'd more more afraid that I'd take one look and want to take them all home and be sad that some would be left behind.

·
Registered
8 Posts

there all so sweet... love waffles and his sis, gorgeous markings on them... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts

Waffles is just beautiful! He reminds me so much of my first gerbil, Danny, that it's almost hard to look at him...

·
Registered
120 Posts

What exactly are Waffles's markings? I can't figure it out. Maybe extremely mismarked Berkshire? *shrug*

·
Registered
45 Posts

D= I'm curious about that too. We called those sorts of markings 'pied' in gerbil-land, but I'm not sure if the term would be correct for rats...

·
Registered
120 Posts

I also love Waffle's color. Like a slate blue. I'm surprised a rat like that would be in a feeder tank. To think such a beauty could have been snake chow! *gasp*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

i'm not sure what his color/pattern would be called either. and yeah, when i saw him and his sister in the feeder bin i was really surprised. i had never seen rats that look like them before. i know this perticular feeder store breeds their own rats in the back, so most of them look prettymuch the same. i had seen a blaze faced rat in there once before though..a while ago. he was black. but he was really sick and i doubt he made it through the night. i didn't take him because i knew chances were he wouldn't make it and i didn't want to risk getting my little guys at home sick. :cry: i'm just happy i was able to save Waffles and Marshmallow. on top of having unique markings they are the sweetest little guys you could imagine. :D its sad knowing what's going to happen to the ones i can't take and it makes it hard to go to these places, but i know that saving some is better than none at all.

·
Registered
120 Posts

That's a good philosophy. I wouldn't even test myself by walking into a specialty store because I'd probably buy 4 or 5 and end up crying about the one's I couldn't. I'm just emotional like that, though. :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts