Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a bit of a long post cause I want to introduce all my babies.

I started keeping rats in September of last year after I fell in love with this bonded pair at the pet store (I did look into rescues and shelters first but nobody within 100 miles had any that I would be able to care for). They had apparently been in the store for 5 months after being born there so I took them home. Quill and Olly are my first babies, Quill is the grey boy who had stress eye issues with brown and white fur on his belly, and Olly is an albino with a brown nose and booty which makes my vet fawn over him.
Fawn Rodent Snout Asphalt Whiskers
Eye Rat Fawn Rodent Hamster

Sadly Quill passed last week after neutering (it was needed because they had to be separated for months due to aggression if food was involved but could still play together, just in different cages) turns out he had liver cancer and none of us knew until he had passed, but blood was around his heart so he just couldn't wake up. My vet did everything right which is peaceful to think about. Quill was a very lazy and not the smartest rat but was more of a cuddler than Olly, while Olly can be a bit of a jerk he is a momma's boy when it comes to food or hiding from other people. With Quill passing, I did not want Olly to be alone and he started to get bored during playtime.
So while I was out looking at new toys to get him yesterday I found a pair of rats, at the same place (once again after looking at rescues with the same results). When I first wanted rats I originally wanted a young pair of female dumbos before I fell in love with my boys, and that's what I found, at a pet store that hasn't had female rats in 4 years, it just felt meant to be.
After a long debate they have been named, Lutra is the darker of the two, she is named after a species of otters because when she stretches and sniffs things she looks so much like an otter. And Lotus, mostly white fur, obviously just a pretty flower but also goes well with her sister's name since naming her shark wouldn't work for me since she tends to look like a shark, they are both chaotic little fiends who I already adore
Eye Rodent Whiskers Rat Iris
Rabbit Rodent Pet supply Fawn Whiskers

The girls and Olly are in completely different cages and can only sniff through the cage with supervision right now but so far they are doing really well with one another.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sweet little ones...

Reactions: Allison Pluto
1 - 4 of 4 Posts