Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I know this is a contraversional (sp?) topic but I was wondering whether anyone had ever ordered antibiotics off of this site below. I know the risks involved in self medicating a rat and I've only ever done it when the vets around here refused to treat my rat (option was only euthanasia or taking her home til she dies ( she had a respiratory infection))

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I haven't used that particular source but I do order from similar websites. If you're interested in self medicating, I recommend the RatGuide pages on [mycoplasmosis], [enrofloxacin], and [doxycycline] as well as the [RMCA dosing chart].

A good [weight based dosing calculator] is also 100% necessary.

You're definitely accepting some risks if you choose to medicate your rats without the guidance of a vet and if you make mistakes, it could cost your rats their lives. If you have no other options, though, it could save their lives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't used that particular source but I do order from similar websites. If you're interested in self medicating, I recommend the RatGuide pages on [mycoplasmosis], [enrofloxacin], and [doxycycline] as well as the [RMCA dosing chart].

A good [weight based dosing calculator] is also 100% necessary.

You're definitely accepting some risks if you choose to medicate your rats without the guidance of a vet and if you make mistakes, it could cost your rats their lives. If you have no other options, though, it could save their lives.
thank you. i have some experience with dosing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts