Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been looking on Craig's List lately, and I came across someone who was selling her two girls. I've contacted her- I'll meet with her next week when I go home after finals. So far, all I know is that they are both one year old. Basically, I want to make sure that I'm not going to have any problems with them down the line- what questions should I ask her to make sure that they are okay? I was thinking about asking her if they have ever been to a vet and what kind of diet they're on... that's about it.

If I don't get these two girls, I'm going to hold off for a little bit and save up for a new cage. There's a Humane Society about 45 minutes from my house that has a really nice spay/neuter program for all of their adoptees... even rats (so I can get a couple of boys!)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
remember that any questions asked can be answered falsely. but other diet and vets i would ask how much handling she's had with them, how long she has had them and what type of litter they have been on. and because they're girls its always good to ask if there is any chance that they have been exposed to males.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts