Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I heard it, but I don't want to take any chances. Sounded like chirping and sneezing at the same time.

So, I held her belly up to my ear. With Zita, all I hear is her fast little heartbeat, and barely anything else. But Mimzy's sounded like "whoosh", sort of like she's heaving her breath, really fast. Time for her first vet check?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with ration. My girls both sneeze when they are excited (so fairly often with these hyper girls). But I took them into the vet and they were cleared with flying colours, but I'm glad I took the time to find out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I seem to've spy some (stuff that starts with a p but I can never remember what it's called) aroud one of her eyes, and her breathing is definately off, without the whole rat-telephone thing. Gunna try to get an appointment today.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Good idea. Sounds just like the noises Ed was making when he started to get sick. It wasn't respiratory but something else, though he had SOME breathing difficulties, and the noise was his just his way of showing he was in pain.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If he's making strange noises and has some porphyrin coming out of his eyes then I would take him to a vet. It's frustrating because they can get sick so easily and so fast. Even if you took them to the vet last week you might end up taking them again this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts