Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few new pics of my girls, now that they're bigger! The cage is a bit messy, coz it was cleaning day, and I stupidly left a tissue box close enough to the cage for the girls to grab - so there is pretty much a whole box of tissues in there!

Ratty is definitely the shyer one of the two!

Curious Minx

This is where I find them everyday when I get home, waiting for dinner!

Ratty, sooo cute!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Haha cute! Ratty is adorable. Is Minx an agouti?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Minx certainly looks 'gouti to me. :) Very cute girls.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very cute! I like the third pic...my girls do that when they want to come out. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lunachick said:
I've never known much about different types of rats and such, but from what I've read and seen on the forums, I'm pretty certain Minx is Agouti.

Ratty is pretty adorable, but she's also a bit of a fatty - I mean, she isn't huge, but she is quite a bit bigger than Minx, even though they're the same age. I thought for awhile that maybe Ratty was hoarding food or something, but they seem to eat the same amount - maybe Minx was the runt?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
jay_herself said:
Lunachick said:
I've never known much about different types of rats and such, but from what I've read and seen on the forums, I'm pretty certain Minx is Agouti.

Ratty is pretty adorable, but she's also a bit of a fatty - I mean, she isn't huge, but she is quite a bit bigger than Minx, even though they're the same age. I thought for awhile that maybe Ratty was hoarding food or something, but they seem to eat the same amount - maybe Minx was the runt?
She could just be smaller, genetically. Come to think of it, my 'gouti is tiny too. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts