Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my babies aren't coming out to play. I've got 8 females, one is 3 one is 9mo, the rest are 1.5; the three remaining are male, 2 and 1.5. I doubt this many are sick at once and otherwise seem fine.

The cage is open for about three to five hours and about 3/4 of the rats will come out to play, but for no more than an hour. I'm growing concerned.

Am I not leading playtime well enough? Are they bored? Is this old age? What should I do?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lately, my babies aren't coming out to play. I've got 8 females, one is 3 one is 9mo, the rest are 1.5; the three remaining are male, 2 and 1.5. I doubt this many are sick at once and otherwise seem fine.

The cage is open for about three to five hours and about 3/4 of the rats will come out to play, but for no more than an hour. I'm growing concerned.

Am I not leading playtime well enough? Are they bored? Is this old age? What should I do?
I would maybe buy a new fun toy and engage with them moreso than usual. See if that helps. Get a fleece blanket and put it on your lap or shoulders and place them all out of the cage and see what they do. If they go right back inside then I'd take them for a check up jut to be on the safe side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts