Rat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed a month or two ago that ozzy has 2 different coloured eyes, does anyone elses rat have this? i think it's really cute :p

i can't find the really good pictures of it, but these ones are good enough

one side is red, the other is black, it's barely noticable, because it's a picture, but you can see it in real life

this one is too blury to really tell

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If both show up red in a picture perhaps one is ruby and one is red?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Macabri said:
Forensic said:
I wasn't aware there was a difference.
Truly black eyes are black, or brownish. Ruby eyes, when exposed to flash or bright direct light, turn red.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Forensic said:
Macabri said:
Forensic said:
I wasn't aware there was a difference.
Truly black eyes are black, or brownish. Ruby eyes, when exposed to flash or bright direct light, turn red.
\

I think Macabri meant that red and ruby eyes are considered the same thing, then there's black and pink eyes.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lilspaz68 said:
I think Macabri meant that red and ruby eyes are considered the same thing, then there's black and pink eyes.
*hits self in head* D'oh. Whoops.

Um.... I think actually red and pink are used synonomously, not red and ruby?

·
Registered
730 Posts
lilspaz68 said:
odd-eyed rats are usually 1 pink, 1 ruby eye. :)
So does that make my Callie an odd odd-eyed? She has a ruby and a black eye. I actually didn't even realize that when I brought her home, her ruby eye is so dark! It was only when I turned into a picture taking maniac that I realized something was up.

Rat_rascal, can you get some more pics of your girl? It looks like she MIGHT have a pink eye and a ruby eye, but it;s hard to say for sure in those pictures. We're going to have to start an odd-eyed rat club or something here :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill try, i can get some by probably friday, im not gonna be home for awhile because of christmas, friday's my only free night, i had a picture just like your reachthestars, i just cant find the dang thing! *pouts*

ozzy also has a black and a ruby eye, i remember one post i made where i had pictures of ozzy and forensic said "is she odd eyed?" i thought it was just the flash but it wasn't, i wish i could find that post!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeap defiantly odd eye on Callie.. for her to have odd eye both parent have to eather be odd eye or have the odd eye gene....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Haha, I knew already she awas an odd eye. I was asking if she would be an ODD odd eye, as she doesn't fir the 'typical' pink/ruby eye thing. All was said jokingly ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Odd eye is pretty, but I remember hearing that their is some sort of link between odd eye and high white. Now my mind is blanking on what high white can cause.... Errr... I hate when that happens. This is why I breed for self. I just can't keep track of markings.

But it is beautiful to behold.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's the best picture of ozzy i could get because she seems to suddenly have ADD when i turn on the camera :roll:

and this isn't ozzy, but it's still odd eyed :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Both of her eyes look red to me. My black-eyed ratties have black eyes in pictures, even with flash. I have one rat with very dark ruby eyes, so dark I thought they were black until I got her in a picture with flash and they were red. So maybe she has one dark ruby eye and one light ruby eye? lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
My little Cinna-Bun has an odd eye as well. I would show you but she's a little camera shy. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts