Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed just now that one of my girls has a fairly long patch of missing fur right behind her left ear. It runs from up near her mouth all the way back near her shoulder. The skin underneath isn't red or bleeding or anything and looks healthy.

I've been watching her for about 30 minutes or so and I don't see her scratching it or anything.

She must have done it last night as yesterday when I had her out I didn't notice it and I'm sure I would have.

Anyone have any idea's?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmm, I was going to suggest maybe barbering, but that close to the head... no idea really. Are there cagemates that could be power grooming the fur off?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
can you get a pic of it at all? could be barbering, could be mites, could be allergies (although i've heard rats with allergies are rare). does she have cage-mates? cuz if she's not barbering herself, her buddies might be.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just for reference here's a pic of one of mine after barbering overnight. He had a full leg of hair the night before. He started doing this after he lost a cagemate and had a bout of URI to deal with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, she has a sister that was from the same litter.

Lesath..it's not really bald like the picture. Some hair is still there but it's not much.

Let me grab a picture and let you guys take a look.

Sorry about the size. :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts