Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day Jett passed over the bridge. I let Blanche and Zelda see her after she had passed as some think that rats can understand what it means when a cage mate dies. Anyway, today and last night I see both of my girls in the silent spinner wheel. Blanche would never go near it; and Zelda would use it years ago when she was a baby but never since then. Now they are sitting in it, sometimes together, sometimes alone. Another oddity is that Jett had a sleeping spot in a shoe box. Now Blanche hasn't slept in that spot, but she has jumped in it a few times today and looked around, then she hops back out. What do you think, are they missing Jett?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am pretty sure that they miss their sister...
I remember that after one of my cats (my poor baby) died at an early age his brother started acting weird. He would escape and got lost twice; he lost weight and he didn't want cuddles even though he's the cuddliest cat in the universe. It took him 2 months to recover from the loss of his brother, and to this day I catch him meowing bad or at least acting weird after someone mentions his dead sibling (no kidding). Rats are much more sociable than cats, so I am sure they aren't over her yet. Maybe lots of affection and special treats will make it easier for them.
I'm sorry for your loss, it must be really hard on you too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts