Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed a few scraps around Blaze's head. (Behind ears, on chin, around neck) and I have no clue if it's mites or just sharp nails. I haven't found any scabs on Jojo so I am thinking it's just sharp nails. I would get pictures but Blaze is extremely active and hates sitting still. I will try to when he's more sleepy.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
They will generally only scratch themselves exxecively (to the point of causing scabs) when they have a reason too, even with sharp nails. I would treat them for mites to be safe and trim there nails and see how it goes. It could also be that Jojo is being overly rough when grooming Blaze

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will generally only scratch themselves exxecively (to the point of causing scabs) when they have a reason too, even with sharp nails. I would treat them for mites to be safe and trim there nails and see how it goes. It could also be that Jojo is being overly rough when grooming Blaze
Jojo and Blaze aren't in the same cage yet. Still working on that so it's all Blaze in this situation. They are in the same living area though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts