Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made the choice to get Albus a friend, so I went to my usual pet store that sells feeders and picked up a really sweet little blue hooded boy. He was the only rat there that even paid any attention to me. Unfortunately, I noticed that he's very sneezy and a little by wheezy when I got him home. I've never had any problem with the health of rats from that store, so I'm a little surprised and disappointed. I've started him on antibiotics so hopefully that will clear things up for him soon. His hair also seems a little thin around his rump and his ball sack looks a little dry like he may have some skin issues. It's super dim in the room where they keep the rats, so unfortunately I didn't notice any of this until I got him home. Hoping he'll recover from his respiratory issue and I'll be able to introduce him to Albus :) I'll post a picture tomorrow when I can get him in better light.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Poor little guy - I hope he's doing better soon. It's really too bad that some pet stores can keep these precious animals in poor conditions. He's in loving hands now though, luckily. How old is he? (approximately)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just realized that I never posted a picture of little dir(deer). He's doing better now, though I still don't know why he's sneezing so much and why he's got hair loss on his rump :/ I'm assuming allergies and will get him on some diphenhydramine when I have a chance to go to the store later. Here he is, such a sweet little boy and so playful :)
Rat Skin Hamster Muridae Gerbil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts