Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rat had 11 babies sunday they all are fine except she has buried them this morning wit the bedding,paper towels etc... is this normal?????? :?:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Curious - did you breed her or did you accidentally purchase her pregnant?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought her from a pretty reputable pet store in my area...i had no idea she was pregnant untill about a week ago when she started to get really fat.....i do have a male but i ALWAYS keep them seperate. i was pretty worried because when i suspected she was pregnant, i started reading as much as i could but never seen anything about mom burying the babies! i think they are ok ..i have checked them and each have the milkband and are very squirmy and loud .but she seems to be a good mother :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
is that a tank they're in?

sorry, had to stir the pot a little! :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its ASPEN and its a plastic tub JUST for her while she was having the babies.Are SOME of you guys going to start attacking me now :wink: i've been reading on this forum for some time now but some of you are pretty judgemental and to be honest mean! i was almost scared to post a question on here but everyone seems to have alot of knowledge when you arent judging people.thank you for your quick answers...i'll go back to lurking now :|

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was under the impression that tanks worked well for litters? I believe it was recommended that they be fitted it a screen top and placed on their side for better air flow. You might find some advice in the "Think Before You Breed" section as well

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Tanks are good to keep the babies from falling between the bars, that's what I'd been told. :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
sweetie77 said:
i bought her from a pretty reputable pet store in my area...i had no idea she was pregnant untill about a week ago when she started to get really fat.....i do have a male but i ALWAYS keep them seperate. i was pretty worried because when i suspected she was pregnant, i started reading as much as i could but never seen anything about mom burying the babies! i think they are ok ..i have checked them and each have the milkband and are very squirmy and loud .but she seems to be a good mother :D
Quick question... is this the same one that you wrote about earlier this month when you mentioned having one that was shy & not allowing you to hold her much?

If so... now you know why.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ooo, your mommy looks pretty from what I've seen, even if it is her behind.. I bet her babies will look beautiful and not be hard to find homes for. Try looking for them now. :]

Good luck.
Would love to see pictures of updates!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts