Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I assume you're under working age..? Will your mom pay for your ratties if one gets sick and has to go to the vet?

Why don't you try helping out in the neighborhood, or around the house? This time of year you could rake leaves, shovel snow, scrape ice from windshieds, start the car in the morning when it's cold. There's a number of things you could do to earn extra money tho, like recyleing cans, babysitting, walking doggies, sell something on a board w/o fees. Just a small list to get your mind into thinking about real ways to earn the money.

And you should probably get on your mom's good side so she can take over if something goes wrong later on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well she would prob. get the money fore them if ongets sick i am only ten so i can not work but i am doind chores now and get ten a week and the job list you gave me was good

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you should concentrate on the rats you do have before getting more ;)

Vets visits can be very expensive, and your mum might not like it if she has to take all 10 in close together for various different illnesses resulting in hundreds of pounds of vets bills.

It can happen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
10! 10 rats...woazers. 1 for every year you've lived on this earth ^^ I think your set on rats right now kid, concentrate on the ones you have. If I had ten rats, I would be in heaven lol my mom will only let me have two, three if we breed one of my girlies.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Um. The kid said he was 10. Not that he had 10 rats. Just thought I'd let everyone know. And he wants to get 1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually, I thought he said he had ten dollars...or whatever money unit he uses, if he's not from the U.S. He has to pay for the rat himself and he needs more cash.

Do you have to buy the cage and effects, too? If you've got an allowance of $10 per week, along with the odd jobs you can do to earn money, saving your allowance will show your mom responsibility on your part. Good luck, and you might want to see if you can talk her into letting you have two. It's not much more upkeep and the rats would be much happier and healthier.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My son is also 10 and has two rats. He does chores for me around the house and get paid. When he needs extra money he does extra chores. So maybe you can work something out with your mom and dad to earn a little extra money. My son made a up a list of chores and how much he wants for those chores. We sat down and went through the list and comprised on some of the pricey chores like $2.00 to clean the toilet. I signed the list when we agreed on everything and he has is hanging up in his room. Now when he wants something like a new animal, game, book, etc., he goes through the list and get paid extra.

His normal chores consist of taking out the trash, setting and clearing the dinner table. He gets paid $20 a month for this.

Extras include washing dishes, cleaning the toilet, vacuuming the stairs, hallway, and living room, cleaning some of moms cages, helping with the laundry . There is more but I can't remember them all.

Also, grandparents can be great for extra money too. My son this year is going to ask them if he can come help them pick up the yard of all the sticks for some money this spring. My parents would be more than happy to have the help and would be more than willing to pay him or it.

These are just suggestions But I feel that it will at least show some responsibility on your part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts