Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a rat to just have time by its self? Like people need times by them selves.. I go back and forth from my moms to my dads and I don't know I've had one rat since May and I don't always take her back and forth but when I come back and see her she's like a whole new refreshed rat lol like lots of energy and just happy. I usually have my dad check on her and give her treats but he says she's just usually sleeping or eating.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
rats can live on there own but they really thrive with company. The rain she's so thrilled to see you is that she's so lonely. I've found very very few rats are genuinely happier alone and even then they prefer to be able to see and smell other rats. It sounds like she had a horribly lonely life when your not around. a lady friend or two will mean when your away she can be happy too and it isn't really any more work for your dad than one

the best way to think of it is imagine if you were stuck in your room for 90% of them time. All you got was someone putting some food in the room. Every now and then you got a dog for a few hours. You'd be over the moon about seeing the dog, it's a break from nothing, but you would still really want to speak to and interact with another human being. theres a massive difference between choosing to spend time alone and having it forced on you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.