Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably isn't a really big deal, but it concerns me anyway. I have two female rats, my first ones. Lalit is almost two years old and Venita is still under a year old. Whereas Lalit's mood seems to be pretty even all the time (she's not terribly interested in me, but she doesn't hate me either), Venita seems to sometimes get sulky, or moody. All day today she hasn't been very playful and she even tries to avoid me. I don't know why she should be in a bad mood. It kind of bums me out when she does it, tough, since I thought she had fun when I would get her out to play.
I suppose when she's like this I should just give her her space?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
How long have you had them? Perhaps she is not feeling well. Rats are really good at hiding pain or sickness. Have you tried luring her around with treats?

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have alittle bipolar man :) could just be her personality. my little bipolar child will go from super friendly, follow mommy everywhere to running away desparately and holding onto whatever he's holding onto to avoid being picked up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lilspaz68 said:
Some rats will get moody during their heat cycles. Every 4-5 days. Is she normally friendly the rest of the time?
She's pretty friendly most of the time. She comes to me when I open the cage, mostly looking for food, but she stays around even when I don't give them anything.
It seemed like the more I took her out of her cage, the less she wanted to have anything to do with me. Maybe it was just bad timing. I'll have to try it again and see.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Ahhh...she could just be a regular girl. :p

How old is she, how long have you had her, and does she get to run loose on a couch or floor or something? Is this recent? My girls are wonderful until they figure out how to get down off the couch/bed, then my little cuddlers are mad explorers with only sporadic visits to say Hi to me. :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts