Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Mort had a large lump on his neck. About the size of a grape. He is acting normal, let's me touch it without complaint, and there's been no injury to indicate it could be an abcess. We're taking him to the vet as soon as we can. I'm worried though that it's going to be pricey and still end in his demise. ANy advice?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but i didn't want to read and run x

My Frodo had 2 small lumps on his side/armpit that were getting larger it didn't effect him at all but we did get them removed on advice from our vet, it was very expensive in comparison to the cost of my baby. Just short of £400 if i recall correctly, I wouldn't say i wasted my money but my poor little guy but he did seem to deteriorate after the operation :( He was ok for around 8 weeks but then it was his time and we had to help him on his way x

I'd say take into account age (Frodo was already 2years+) and if its not bothering him just get it checked and take advice x

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Get a fine needle aspiration to confirm what it is and try antibiotics in case it's a swollen lymph node.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I will. The vet is out of town till Monday and they told me what to watch for. He's 1.5 years old and hard a hard life before I got him a few months back so I wasn't expecting him to have a long time with me. I don't think I'm gonna do surgery if that's an option, but I will keep him as comfortable as possible and let him go when the time comes. He's my sweet boy and I'm glad I got to have him for as long as I did.

F

·
0 Posts
Cashew, after Frodo's surgery, did it turn out the lump was cancerous? If not, what did it turn out to be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts